Dec 29, 2011

In 7 Days...

...life as I know it will turn upside-down.

Remember I told you that there's another reason I bought myself a laptop but can't disclose it until it's a hundred percent sure? Well today, I received the confirmation. I'm leaving for Singapore in 7 days. For work. For the entire 2012.

Sigh.

I know I've wanted this opportunity for so long but now that it's here, I can't help but ask myself if I'm ready for it. Like, emotionally. I haven't been away from my family in my entire 23 years. I can't last a day without Haley. I'm sure as hell I can't take more than a week of not seeing J. I need a regular dose of girl bonding. And in a week I'm off to a foreign land for a year-long assignment. Seriously?!

Sigh.

I have my flight details now and God knows I've been holding back the tears since I opened that e-mail attachment. It's no turning back. It couldn't have happened if it wasn't meant for me. I can do this. I am doing this. For my family. For J and I's future. For my career growth. No one said it's gonna be easy, but I'm certain it's gonna be worth it.

Wish me luck. Lots of it.

And if you have time, listen to this song 'coz I've been LSS-ing on this for the past X days.





6 comments:

  1. awww...
    good luck to you Ms. Maude!
    may the good LORD bless you in your new endeavors!
    homesickness will definitely kick in once in a while... be strong!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the thoughts, vengieric.. meant a lot to me :-) god bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll probably in SG by now. Take lots of care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i'm already here.. thanks a lot jerellt, i will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeek! Mali pa pala grammar ko =)) Blog about SG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, i'll blog about SG this weekend! ^^,

    ReplyDelete

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...