Jul 31, 2010

I ♥ Fridays

I adore Fridays. I mean, who doesn’t? It’s a temporary escape from the stressful 9-5. Chances are, there’s a meet-up with friends or a date night with sweetie. Staying up late is legal. And oh, I have the laptop all to myself! *evil laugh* 


Since the desktop PC here at home handed me it’s resignation letter, I have been kindly (ahem!) sharing my laptop with my sisters. Both of them are in high school so every day upon getting home from the office they welcome me with two words: “Ate pa-research” That's why tonight I almost jumped for joy when there is silence in the living room and at the corner my laptop is sitting comfortably, only waiting to be turned on. Eeek, that last part is kinda disturbing.

Going back to how fun Fridays are, I and a couple of friends decided to have coffee after work. We hit Starbucks at The Columns. If you don’t know the place, it’s at the corner of Gil Puyat and Ayala Avenue, which reminds me that in the said area they have three SB stores when there isn’t even one near Headstrong. Yeah, life’s unfair like that.


A frapuccino always always intoxicates me. That and a lot of kwento with my girls made a great impromptu meet-up. Sadly I wasn’t able to put my camera in my bag this morning so I don’t have a picture to share. But in return, I have a story that I got from Nhix, one that really made a mark. Last week, somewhere near her place, a med student was killed. It was supposedly only a hold-up but the girl fought back and ended up getting 4 stabs. And to make it worse, it happened just a few steps away from her house. Really ill fate. However, three days after the crime, 2 of the 3 suspects were in police custody and the other one is found dead. It’s good that justice was served (and served fast) but it’s depressing how it was solved immediately just because she isn’t a nobody. FYI, she happened to be a granddaughter of a general (or sergeant or another high-ranking official, not so sure) and goddaughter of a city mayor. Clearly, something is wrong with the Philippines and it’s system, if there’s a thing as such. So come on P-Noy, show us what you got.

Okay, so much with the gloomy now. I got home a few minutes to 11pm and was surprised when I opened the fridge. I found a bar of Cadbury (you know how it is synonymous to happiness for me) and asked them whose it is. Turns out Faye (the same sibling in this post) bought it for me! :D


I asked her why and she said there isn’t a reason at all. Guess she’s just so thoughtful. Or I must have been a really good ate to deserve it. :)

There you have it, my version of the last day of the work week. I hope you enjoyed Friday as much as I did. Happy weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...