Nov 20, 2011

Day 22 - A picture of something you never leave the house without

 My beloved wallet and my trusty hanky!

Aaaaaand.. Since we're already talking about my wallet, lemme share to you narin the newest addition to its bulkiness.

I was so giddy last Thursday when mom told me that my Unified Multi-purpose Identification card has arrived. If you're wondering why an ID made me giddy, well, it's because I waited for it for 11 freakin' months! I applied for it December of last year and it's almost Christmas time again when it was delivered -- guess that says a lot about our government system/processes, yeah?

On a lighter note, this isn't called multi-purpose for nothing. Instead of issuing an SS ID alone, this UMID was released to be used for four different government agencies: SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth and PAG-IBIG Fund. Also, according to the letter that it came with, it also has a microchip that stores personal information and SSS data and provides a convenient and faster way of getting SSS benefits and privileges.

Now all I have to do is take good care of it if I don't wanna wait another year to get a replacement. Oh and I also have to stay single for a few more years so that I won't need to have my last name changed! Hahaha.


***

Updated on January 27, 2016.

I have removed photos of my UMID as it has been used in fraudulent activities. At first, I have been notified by concerned netizens that fake online sellers use it to lure people into buying their non-existent items. Then just recently, I have seen photos circulating in Twitter that this same ID has been used to bribe someone to spread false stories about Maine Mendoza, half of 2015's phenomenal loveteam AlDub. I am in no way connected to these people and for the record, this ID is now invalid and surrendered to SSS. If you chance upon these identity thieves, requesting you to leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail so I can take the necessary action. Thank you so much.


4 comments:

  1. wow that was a super LONG wait. It sounds cool though that all these are in one card. :)

    Id like to invite you to visit my blog (pls leave a word if you can!): http://tndcallphilippines.blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long, indeed! you have to apply then forget about it temporarily! haha!

    thanks for visiting my blog! yep, i'm heading over to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you received this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...