May 23, 2020

[Maude's Quarantine Kitchen] My Baked Salmon a la Conti's

Everytime we are in the Philippines for vacation, I make it a point to visit Conti's Bakeshop and Restaurant. I mean, who doesn't love Mango Bravo, right? Luckily there's already a branch in Ayala Malls Feliz (East fellas, represent!) and it's now so convenient to satisfy our dessert cravings.

This one though was in their Trinoma branch during our Manila trip last February. 

However, Mango Bravo isn't the only reason I am a Conti's fan. I also love their Baked Salmon which is so cheesy and succulent I am now salivating as I type.


Imagine my delight when I found the recipe at Bitesized.ph. For easy reference, I have copied the recipe here but I give full credits to them. Thanks guys, you're heaven-sent!

Ingredients:

  • 500 grams salmon fillets
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 10 pieces calamansi, juiced
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • ½ block (125 grams) cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Sooooo, without further ado, let me show you my version of Baked Salmon a la Conti's.


In an oven safe dish, marinate salmon with 5 cloves minced garlic calamansi juice, salt, and pepper for at least 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic and parmesan cheese. Here, I substituted the parmesan with 3-cheese mix (mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan) because I like mine gooey. You will still need some pure parmesan cheese though for later.

After marinating the salmon, pat it dry with paper towels.

Spread the topping over salmon and sprinkle the parmesan cheese that you set aside earlier.

Bake it at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until topping turns golden brown.

Okay, don't be like me. You don't want the top to be this burnt. Haha. This is how I learnt that 30 mins is perfect (the recipe says 30-40 mins and I let it bake for 40). Even the doneness of the salmon is perfect at half an hour mark.

It still tastes good! Just put your favorite veggies on the side et voila!
Baked Salmon a la Conti's from Maudey's Quarantine Kitchen! LOL!

Try it this long weekend, y'all! Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...