May 16, 2020

[Maude's Quarantine Kitchen] Filipino-style Spaghetti

I said in my 2020 comeback post that I will try to write about what keeps me busy during the #circuitbreaker in Singapore. And since most of my free time is spent in the kitchen these days, the first dish that I wanted to share with you is my Filipino-style Spaghetti. It's one of hubby's favorites so I know it's quite shareable :) Thinking about it now, I realized that this is my original recipe pala. Maybe my one and only original recipe, meaning I didn't tweak right after googling. Haha! So I am very happy to put it here.

Imma write it down along with the pictures ha, I'm not yet in the vlogging level eh! LOL

First, prep the ingredients:


  • 1 large onion, diced
  • about 6 cloves garlic (or more, there are no hard rules here! :)), minced.
  • 6-8pcs Purefoods TJ hotdog (because it's not Pinoy style spaghetti if your hotdogs aren't red! haha), sliced diagonally
  • 600g ground beef (looking at the pics now, bakit parang pork to?! hahaha maybe it's not available that time. So yeah, use beef as much as possible because it tastes so much better. ok, enough blabber >_<)
  • 500g pasta of choice. I often use vermicelli but since the COVID19 hoarding episodes here, I've never chanced upon it in the grocery
  • Del Monte Filipino Style spaghetti sauce (the largest pack, i wasn't able to check the size, sorry!)
  • 2 slices of processed cheese
  • 2 tbsp of condensed milk
  • Olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • more grated cheese for toppings

Sooo, first step, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Aim for al dente, or better not cook pasta at all. Wow ah. haha! Make sure to add salt in the water. And as I learned over the years, there's no use putting oil while boiling it, just drizzle it with olive oil after draining so it won't stick. But you all know that already, right?


Then, saute the garlic until light brown and add in the onion till it's translucent.


Ground meat, in (channeling Gordon Ramsay!). Cook till it's brown.


Add a little bit of water (maybe 1/4 cup), this will help to soften the meat.


Add in the hotdogs, stir and cover.


Once the water is gone and you can see the meat cooked through, add the spaghetti sauce. Stir it well.


Season with salt and ground black pepper then wait for it to boil. Stir constantly so it won't stick.


Add the cheese and the condensed milk. Oh, I remembered I got this little secret of putting condensed milk from my Tita A some 20 years back! Thanks, Ta! Mix and simmer for 5 more minutes.


Get a serving of pasta and top with the sauce and voila, it's done! Hey, don't forget some grated cheese too!


Serve with a smile to the husband who always requests for it :D

I also made Baby Back Ribs that day, but that's for another post ;-)

Note: This sauce recipe is actually good for more than 500g of pasta. It's just that we are only 2 people here and we like our spaghetti saucy, so 500g it is.

Let me know if you are able to give this a try, ok? :)


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...