Jan 7, 2012

SG: From Take off to Touchdown


First things first... Happy New Year, dear friends! :)


I know it's been a week since the turn of the year but you know also that the past days I've been ultimately busy preparing for my departure. Yes folks, I'm now blogging from the Lion City! :)

My last few days in the Philippines was emotionally draining. I found myself crying every so often because saying goodbye to loved-ones was really something I haven't prepared for. A day before my flight was our monthsary and J and I really made the most of our last day together. Of course there was a lot of tears but what truly moved me was that more than the drama, there was HOPE. Hope for a safe trip. Hope for a rewarding career. Hope for more maturity. Hope for a better life for my family. Hope for an unwavering love and commitment for J and me.

Now let me just photoblog my departure from MNL and arrival at SIN =)

The day's first shot. I am definitely gonna miss my two babies :(
Oh, sorry about the puffy eyes, yan ang napala ko kakaiyak magdamag.

Obligatory shots with my family and J before checking in at the NAIA Terminal 2.

My colorful luggage. I opted for lighter bags to maximize my meager 20kg.-allowance. Thanks to my honey who did most of the packing! :-)

Our last shot before we officially bid each other farewell T_T
Pilit na mga ngiti namin no? :(

Sadness is killing me as I entered those glass doors but I tried hard not to cry because I don't wanna draw attention.

Then I suddenly told myself... "Shocks may nipper ako sa bag ko! Lagot!" hahaha

My passport (thanks Jim for the pretty passport cover), boarding pass and Overseas Employment Certificate (yes folks, we're technically OFWs). Bagong Bayani ang peg! :)

Boarding... Up to this point I'm still asking myself if I can live without J and my family.

We're flying PAL.

ETD was 10:10 but we took off at this time pa. #FilipinoTime
Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks as the plane gathered speed in the runway. Leaving my loved ones behind broke my heart but I had to keep telling myself, this is for the best. Fighting!

With only a couple of hours of sleep the past night and eyes tired due to crying endlessly, I let myself fall into slumber. I was only awaken by my Project Manager when it was time for lunch. The food was okay. Service was so-so. Flag carrier yan, ah. PAL could definitely use some more Customer Service 101 sessions.


After about 3 hours, we're ready for landing. My butt hurt because of sitting for quite a long while. 3 hours lang natagalan na ko, what more if US or Europe?!

Touchdown! Thank Heavens for a safe trip.

Arriving at Changi Airport -- truly word class!

Our very first group picture in Singapura!


And of course a solo shot! :)

Quite a lengthy walk to the exit so these walkalators are heaven-sent.

Yes, this is still inside the airport. Parang park lang :)

Lots of transportation options they have there.

But we can't hail a taxi yet coz the drivers won't accept our money. We had to drop by Currency Exchange to get some Singapore dollars. Rate at that time was 1 USD = 1.29 SGD.

At the same booth we bought a local SIM. It's expensive!

Now we're ready to ride a cab. Pricey also, so don't dare convert. Haha!

This is it! I really am in SG! Hello Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay Sands! It's my first international trip, by the way.

I had to take a photo because it's my first time to ride a right-hand-driven verhicle. Those are my teammates Khai and Che.

No traffic at all. A few minutes was all it took to get to our destination.

The hotel where we're staying for two weeks. Photo from their Facebook page. Actual photo was soooooo far from it. Blame it on the Chinese New Year. Hahaha.


There you have it. The beginning of a new and extra challenging chapter of my life. Expect to read more of Singapore in my next posts! :)


xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maudey!

    I hope you're having a better time in SG. I know you're missing everybody here in the PH but be strong and remember it's for the best. =)

    Lotsalove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jim (the one i know) really gave you that passport cover?? uyy sweet!!!

    And who is your pm??

    amidst the sadness being far away from home, make sure to have fun ok???

    Take Care sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! i am sure looking forward to the blogs on Singapore! :) Hope all is going well...

    ReplyDelete

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...