Feb 20, 2011

Cebu vs. Ilocos

Three months and a week left until our 6th Anniversary and I'm still undecided where to celebrate it. When it comes to stuff like this, Jhay always takes the back seat and gives me full control. Well that's a no-brainer because he knows that I plan getaways... with a passion. Our 2011 getaway, however, is a tough one because after about a hundred web pages visited and a handful of comments from friends, I'm still torn between two local destinations: ILOCOS and CEBU.

I've always wanted to visit Cebu. It boasts of a lot of tourist spots, Magellan's Cross, Taoist Temple and Bantayan Island among others. And when I heard about the Skywalk Adventure, my eagerness to set foot on the Queen City of the South skyrocketed. Just thinking of exploring a city far from home, just the two of us, makes me wanna book the soonest flight out.

Here are some photos of Cebu attractions, so you'd understand where the excitement is coming from :-)

photo from here
photo from here
photo from here
photo from here

And then, thanks to a cousin who recently went there and brought home nothing but good words, Ilocos came into the picture. It's undoubtedly rich in culture and history and natural beauty. Calle Crisologo, Marcos Museum, Malacanang of the North, Bangui Windmills, numerous baroque churches and the famous Pagudpud Beach are more than enough reasons to fall in love with the province. It is, however, still in Luzon thus defeating my desire to expand my horizons.

Nonetheless, join me as I marvel at what the northern part of the country has to offer:

photo from here
photo from here
photo from here
photo from here

Here's the deal. Based on my research, a 4D3N trip to Cebu would cost approximately Php15000 while that to Ilocos is more or less PhP12000.

Have you guys been to both provinces? Considering the distance, the itinerary and the budget, which is the better choice? I have to decide soon so I'd really appreciate some expert advice. Let me know what you guys think :-)


Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm making my first mark on your avenue cuz! haha... go for Ilocos... and Cebu... or maybe you could try Palawan... or Bohol instead... Hahaha... This is just me trying to twist your head... :p

    But kidding aside cuz, I prefer Ilocos, specially Pagudpud, over Cebu. I've never been to Cebu but I think Ilocos has a lot more to offer than the queen city of the south. But still the decision is yours. Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by, cuz! Ilocos really is leading the poll.. Hahahaha.. I realized nga there are more places to visit in Ilocos, plus it's cheaper.

    We'll see.. I'll have to decide before the end of the month.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make your mark on my avenue, leave a message! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...